Saturday, July 16, 2011

CMU Update!

So, its been quite a while since my last update. My camp is pretty much half-way done, so it was a must to post an update!

Although I am a programmer and my focus for this camp is programming, every students still gets to take the 3 crucial classes for the game industry. Game Design, Programming, and Art.

Game Design: creating terrains, controlling the player's decisions, psychology (yep xD), as well as basic game creation

Art: 3D modeling (mainly using AutoDesk 3ds Max), and texturing (Photoshop CS5)

Programming: actual coding behind games, create finite state machines, game engines.

In programming (which I have Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) we use either Python together with the Panda3D engine (created by Disney, but currently maintained by Carnegie Mellon's ETC), or Javascript through Unity3D's engine.

Overall all the classes are great. They are fun (especially when programmers try to draw xD), interesting, and challenging.  The teachers and professors are great people, and are very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. I heard you have a dope sick ill nasty Counselor who is really awesome? Is this true?

    ReplyDelete